They spend endless hours researching, consulting, writing and managing. They’re the reason that many nonprofit organizations have the means to operate and make a difference in their communities. They’re grant professionals, and today it’s all about showing them appreciation!
March 14-18 is International Grant Professionals Week and today it culminates to International Grant Professionals Day (IGPD), a day dedicated to honoring the many hours that go into writing, making and seeking grant projects and proposals—a task that’s often done behind the scenes and not highlighted enough in the nonprofit sector.
The Grant Professionals Association, whose Board of Directors officially signed the proclamation back in November, came up with an entire website of resources dedicated to empowering grant associations nationwide with the necessary resources to throw some incredible IGPD celebrations.
Here are some of our favorite tips that are so easy to implement, you could do them today:
- Create and sign a proclamation among your chapter or in your community that declares March 18, 2016 International Grant Professionals Day.
- Ask partners to share the IGPD logo on their website on in their newsletters.
- Use social media to spread awareness or provide recognition —tag a grant professional to honor their work in the field. (Don’t forget to use the hashtag #IGPD)
- Send out an email to your members or supporters celebrating the week.
- Host an event with your members, colleagues or local grant professionals to celebrate your hard work.
- Send Certificates of Recognition to grant professionals making a difference in your community.
And to continue with the celebration, we’ve included our best grant-writing tips and tricks to get you started on becoming a pro yourself:
So tell us, is your organization doing something to celebrate IGPD? We want to know. Happy International Grant Professionals Day.