Don’t Waste Your Time, Energy, or Hope!
Grants can be an enormous boost or drain to your organization. The time, energy, and exacting nature of grant funding requests can be challenging. This class will walk you through the basics necessary to ensure your proposal is seen, vetted, and considered. Taught by grant writing and fund development expert, Teresa Huff. Teresa is also the host of the Grant Writing Simplified Podcast.
In this course you’ll learn:
- The basics of how to get started grant writing
- Background work you must do before you even apply for grants
- Top 10 myths and misconceptions about grants that may be holding you back
- Where to look for grants
- What a typical grant application includes
- How to develop your grant project
- What to do next when awards are announced, whether you win or lose
- How to write better goals and objectives for your grant applications
- Nine reasons grants are rejected – and how to avoid the common mistakes
Participants who complete the entire course will receive a non-accredited certificate to boost their resume and their confidence as they go for their next round of funding!
About Teresa Huff
Teresa Huff is the host of the Grant Writing Simplified Podcast and the go-to expert in grant writing and strategy for nonprofits. She’s helped nonprofits triple their funding and maximize their impact. After winning over $7 million for schools and nonprofits, she now teaches grant writers and nonprofits the strategies they need to develop millions in scalable, long-term funding. Her podcast has been downloaded in over 90 countries across 6 continents, and more than 3,000 students worldwide have completed her online grant writing programs.
She’s figured out how to imperfectly thrive in her introverted work-at-home life while juggling her two teenagers, her husband, and their smiling chihuahua Joey. Teresa uses her Master’s in Education and over 20 years of experience in writing, special education, and business to help nonprofit leaders take their skills to the next level.
Become a Member
Whether you’re with a large team or a solo entrepreneur looking to start the next great cause, we have a membership package that will help you grow your network and your cause.