Your Guide to Creating a Modern Nonprofit Annual Report:
An annual report is a complex beast of a project…or is it? A lot of meetings, stress, and far too many words are often put into these temporary snapshots of a nonprofit’s work. This guide breaks down these reports into an easy-to-follow guide while using the “5 W’s”: Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Taking a cue from our good friend, Simon Sinek, we’re going to start with what matters most:
- Why send an annual report?
- Who should receive your annual report?
- What do you put in an annual report?
- When should your nonprofit send its annual report?
- Where does a nonprofit’s annual report come into play?
Like any project your nonprofit takes on, an annual report should have a clear ROI and goals. Understanding the report’s mission and purpose will help you prepare a communication that dazzles while also informing readers. Whether your organization is just getting started or wrapping things up, this guide will help!
In addition, here is what you’ll learn:
- Answers to some nonprofit annual report FAQs
- Examples of nonprofit annual reports
Are you all about building community?
Join the Cause Network to learn from peers, grow professionally, and enjoy exclusive offers. Cause Network includes the complete library of content of Nonprofit Hub as well as the leading nonprofit conference, Cause Camp! Whether acting solo or looking for a team solution for professional development, you belong in the Cause Network!