Each month we’ll bring you a new resource that we think could revolutionize the nonprofit sector — or at least your workweek. It may be an app, platform, podcast, or product that will help you do more good. This week, we’re looking at Shift – the new app designed to decrease browser windows and increase productivity for busy people.
Shift | The Workstation for Productive People
Whether it’s a pure passion or a matter of necessity, chances are you’re a productive person. The Shift apps give uber-producers (like nonprofit pros) a clean, sleek, digital workspace free of the clutter of open tabs. With all your apps, email accounts, and networking tools synced into one platform you can navigate from task to task seamlessly.
Here are a few things we love about this app:
- Frequently-used programs like Zoom, Email, Social Channels, and Slack are only a click away.
- You can easily manage and monitor multiple email accounts without having to use forwarding.
- Once the app is set up, you’ll have a log of your integrated account passwords and the ability to have them auto-fill through Shift.
- You can search multiple email accounts and Google Drives simultaneously.
- You have control over app notifications which can allow for more focused work.
- No integration is lacking – if you use it, chances are it syncs into Shift.
- The aesthetic and ease-of-use are great.
And here’s a deal especially for Do More Good and Nonprofit Hub audiences:
We’re giving away 25 licenses! Use promo code DMG100 to receive one year of Shift Advanced.
Tip for Success:
Not a weakness of the app, but you do need to know your passwords to set up Shift properly. For those who rely on LastPass or other “remember my password” tools, make sure you update your records before getting started.
Shift is a great way to increase productivity and promote sanity by streamlining your screen.
If you’re looking for other tools to improve your workflow, check out our blog on eight essential nonprofit tools. What tools have you found to do more good? Share your best finds here and we’ll give you a shout-out if they’re selected to be featured.