Each month we’ll bring you a new resource that we think could revolutionize the nonprofit sector—or at least your workweek. It may be an app, platform, podcast, or product that will help you do more good. This time, we’re looking at DipJar: unique hardware that enables cashless generosity for engaging, joyful, and frictionless donations.
We all know that getting donations at events can be challenging. Many people don’t carry cash these days, and more often than not, taking donations via credit card can be a cumbersome process for everyone involved. Take the digits? Buy a card swiper? Wait…how do we keep product sales and donations separate? AHHH!
Luckily, we found a solution that is fun for donors and also makes your life easier. DipJar is a cylinder-shaped form of donation hardware that makes giving a breeze. The device allows a donor to dip their credit or debit card into its reading slot for a specific amount of money, resulting in an interactive light and sound display.
Gamification and Donations
With DipJar, the lights and sounds produced when a gift is made are significant parts of the donor experience. Gamification is everywhere, and these little “shout-outs” give donors immediate affirmation and recognition while also making giving fun. The best part is the ease—there is no wait, no entering digits, and no clumsy donor experience. The seamless and quick act of giving makes it easy to give over and over.
This product is truly changing the game of fundraising with a cashless donation jar and an integrated platform that makes the giving process easier.
What We Love About Cashless Donations with DipJar:
- The donation amount is adjustable to adapt to every situation and giving level.
- The hardware itself is customizable to include branding such as your organization’s logo.
- Each DipJar offers a customizable online campaign that can be used with or without the physical DipJar.
- Engaging and exciting sounds and animation come with every single “dip.”
- Cashless donations are made easy with DipJar.
Tips for Success:
- In order to get the most out of the DipJar experience, it works best when you use both the DipJar hardware and online platform to manage your fundraising campaign. No worries if you don’t have the software, but it definitely makes the process easier!
- Make sure you have someone available to demonstrate how DipJar works and how fun it can be. The learning curve is short so this shouldn’t be a big deal.
- Keep it fun! Integrate DipJar into a game, raffle, auction, or even a sweepstakes.
The Deal for Do-Gooders
DipJar has given you a one-time use code for 10% off! Just use NPHDipJar at checkout to try this amazing product at a discounted rate.
Nonprofit Hub’s endorsement of DipJar and all Good Finds is completely independent. No sponsorship or financial incentive was provided for this post. We work hard to find the best products, resources and deals to help nonprofit pros! What tools have you found to do more good? Share your best finds here and we’ll give you a shout-out if they’re selected to be featured.