INTERNSHIP CATEGORY: Nonprofit Leadership
Flextime within Operating Hours: M-F 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST
$10.00/hour following the trial period
To assist in the successful promotion and execution of all Do More Good and Nonprofit Hub initiatives as they relate to the growth and development of the organization. This position is a great opportunity to develop relationships with a wide-variety of nonprofits while learning the interior operations of a rapidly expanding organization. The position is accountable to the Assistant Executive Director.
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Conduct surveys and research related to the nonprofit sector
- Source and edit relevant articles, videos, and content for educational initiatives
- Assist with event preparation, including monthly Ideation Sessions, weekly webinars, and more.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. This role requires strong editorial capabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and the Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Presentations) required
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and content coordination software, i.e., Later and Buffer is preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress platform preferred
- Possession of problems solving skills and the ability to look at a project from various angles.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Are you?
- Ambitious and self-driven?
- Desiring of a high degree of responsibility?
- Personable and easy-going – a team player?
- Passionate about helping nonprofits?
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Do More Good and Nonprofit Hub are two separate brands that work in partnership to curate and create educational content to help nonprofits grow awareness and support to grow their mission. Combined, we reach over 47,000 nonprofits each week with content, resources, and referrals to the sector’s top service providers.
We host a membership-based platform offering content, training, networking, and other opportunities to nonprofit organizations and corporations that are seeking to partner with nonprofits.
Prospective interns of Do More Good/Nonprofit Hub should be prepared for a fast-paced, sometimes intense, growth culture with a high level of autonomy and diverse responsibilities. As with most young nonprofits, every person within our organization is charged with taking on a wide variety of disciplines and duties.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do More Good (and Nonprofit Hub, a subsidiary of Do More Good) are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This is a remote (work from home) position.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without references will not be considered.