The Partnerships Director will manage and sustain the organization’s growing national presence, modern partnership profile, and highly trafficked educational media platform. The Director of Partnerships plays a major role in curating and creating educational content with a network of innovative nonprofit service, product providers, and professionals that empower organizations to go from good to growth. This position will report to the Executive Director and will manage one or more direct reports.
To grow the awareness and support of Nonprofit Hub through meaningful partnerships that represent a win-win-win scenario:
Win #1 – The Nonprofit Hub audience receives innovative and thought-leadership-level content from trusted experts.
Win #2 – Nonprofit Hub meets and exceeds financial goals through an innovative partnership model, allowing for continued growth.
Win #3 – The partners we work with have a delightful experience that leads to committed, mutually beneficial relationships.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Nonprofit Hub (NPH) is a thought leadership and educational 501(c)3 organization that creates, curates, and manages a collection of content, events, and experiences that help nonprofits move from good to growth. Nonprofit Hub curates and creates educational content that includes authoritative, inspiring, and easily consumed knowledge on the nonprofit sector’s most prevailing questions or problems. The Hub reaches over 50,000 nonprofits each week with content, resources, and referrals to the sector’s top service providers. The team hosts a membership-based platform offering content, training, networking, and other opportunities to nonprofit organizations and corporations seeking to partner with nonprofits.
Delightfully Empowered | Whether through unexpected value, exceptional experience, or revelation, we aim to delight and empower our audience and stakeholders.
Others-Centric | Everything we do is about others. Audience members, speakers, contributors, sponsors, or vendors are all our valued stakeholders whose success reflects back on us. In all we do, big and small, every day or extraordinary, we aim to set others up for success – including our fellow team members.
Consistently Increasing Excellence | We not only expect excellence, we pursue raising the bar on what is considered excellent in all we do.
Unabashedly Ambitious | This organization thrives on a drive to serve nonprofits. We feel no shame in going beyond conventional or expected methods to delight and equip our audience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly communicate with inbound and existing partners with regard to sponsorship opportunities.
- Manages and grows a network of business memberships and supporters.
- Proactively seek new partnerships through networking, “cold email,” and using programs like LinkedIn, Hunter, and more.
- Manage the logistics of content delivery and coordination with partners (as needed).
- Develop, test, and manage proactive sales techniques, i.e., advertising, outbound email, and social media.
- Work with the team to develop well-planned content schedules using partner materials.
- Garner a clear understanding of all Nonprofit Hub, Cause Camp, and Cause Network programs. Help develop new sponsorship models for existing and new content and programs.
- Work with leadership to set and achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Ensure contact records and revenue projections are accurate and up to date.
- Assists team with event management, including but not limited to annual conferences and weekly webinars.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to clearly and confidently describe partnership benefits and Nonprofit Hub programs.
- Familiarity with outbound marketing strategies (lead generation) and full-cycle sales strategies.
- Familiarity with short-form copywriting and content marketing strategy
- Possession of problems solving skills and the ability to look at a project from various angles
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
- Proficiency with the following platforms and software tools is necessary for this position:
- WordPress (Divi Builder)
- CRM software, i.e., Active Campaign
- Proposal Software
- Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Presentations)
- Event Management Applications (Demio, Whova, etc)
- Intuit Quickbooks
- Trello (preferred)
- Slack (preferred)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in marketing, public relations, business, communications, public administration or a related field is desired.
- Experience in nonprofit management and/or membership associations
- Knowledge of Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Are you?
- Ambitious and self-driven?
- Desiring a high degree of responsibility?
- Personable and easy-going – a team player?
- Passionate about helping nonprofits?
- An authentic communicator?
- Confident in starting conversations and building relationships?
SALARY + BENEFITS
$42,500/year + 10% Commission on New Business
2 Weeks Paid Vacation
5 Wellness Days (excused absence)
Insurance Reimbursement Stipend
Simple IRA with matching funds up to 3% of gross income
Remote Work and flexible hours
This is a remote (work-from-home) position that will require occasional travel for in-person meetings and events. This role requires a high level of responsibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines. Team size is <5, allowing creativity, innovation, and inherent leadership opportunities beside other rockstars.
Nonprofit Hub is a remote operation where team members can work from anywhere. The team’s core working hours are 10:00 a.m. ET – 4:00 p.m. ET. To ensure that meetings can be easily scheduled and communication is fluid, all employees must schedule time to work during these hours.
Commitment to Equal Opportunities in the Workplace
Nonprofit Hub is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected].