The Nonprofit StoryTelling Guide
Want to write the ultimate nonprofit story?
“Good stories surprise us. They make us think and feel. They stick in our minds and help us remember ideas and concepts in a way that a PowerPoint crammed with bar graphs never can.” – Joe Lazauskas and Shane Snow, The Storytelling Edge
Emotional and thoughtful stories get people to listen, and people tend to remember an interesting story more than pure data and statistics. Because people connect to real people, your nonprofit story will stand out from the marketing noise and bring people to support your cause.
Your audience and donors don’t just give to a brand, logo, or organization. They want a humanized connection with your nonprofit. A story brings personality to your mission and services to move people to take action.
In this guide, you will learn:
- Learn to develop a plan and create a foundation for your nonprofit story
- How to conduct your interviews
- When to use data and stats within your nonprofit story
- How to share it and decide which platforms to use
- Bonus: We included three worksheets to help guide you to write a donor, volunteer, and client story!
Download the guide and get started!
Are you all about building community?
Join the Cause Network to learn from peers, grow professionally, and enjoy exclusive offers. Cause Network includes the complete library of content of Nonprofit Hub as well as the leading nonprofit conference, Cause Camp! Whether acting solo or looking for a team solution for professional development, you belong in the Cause Network!