Social Media 101
with Kiersten Hill
January 10 | 2:00-3:00 PM CT
The Social Media 101 session includes practical tips and tools for extending your cause and mission. We’ll cover the basics of using social media for your nonprofit organization and give you handy tips for the “big 3:” Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. You may be surprised to learn that Facebook is less important than you’ve been told and LinkedIn may be more important.
Join us to learn:
- How to use Facebook to create awareness for your organization.
- How nonprofits are using Twitter to connect with constituents.
- Why nonprofits must be LinkedIn to be fully connected.
- Powerful no-cost or low-cost tools to manage your social media presence.
Once you become a master at social media basics you can move on to leveraging social media like an expert. Check out these other resources,
- How to Build Trust Through Social Media: As a nonprofit, you can enhance your credibility if you share your history and background with your supporters. Your NGO can use a variety of compelling storytelling methods to share your history with your supporters. This will encourage effective donations and build trust.
- The Ultimate TikTok for Nonprofits Guide: This social engagement platform is more than a passing fad. It’s a hub of creativity, and it’s also sparking change among a whole new generation of advocates, volunteers, and donors.
About the Presenter
Director of Nonprofit Solutions | Firespring
Kiersten Hill is a Nebraska native born and raised in North Platte. She graduated from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. With almost two decades in nonprofit management and fundraising, she has raised over $20 million for Nebraska nonprofit organizations and worked to better train and equip nonprofit leaders and boards of directors.
Become a Member of the Cause Network!
Whether you’re with a large team or a solo entrepreneur looking to start the next great cause, we have a membership package that will help you grow your network and your cause.